Saturday, March 03, 2012

Saturday March 3, 2012 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Hardship is often God strengthening us-
2-Repentance may be old fashioned, but as long as there is sin, it will never be outdated-
3-The highest reward for your toil is not what you get for it, but what you become by it-
4-Patience is often the best remedy for most trouble-
5-God may allow our hearts to be broken so that he may get deeper into them-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Isn't it interesting that Jesus was born on Christmas day?
I'VE LEARNED-It is better to be kind than to be right-
DID YOU KNOW-Robert E. Lee wore a size 4 1/2 shoe-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-When did the church in Rome take the position that it was the head of the Christian church?
2-How did the Apocrypha books come into being?
3-Who wrote the Apocrypha books?
4-In what language was the first complete bible?
5-Into what language was the Bible first translated"
BIBLE TRIVIA-What New Testament woman holds the record for widowhood--84 years?
Yesterday's answer-Elisabeth Luke 2:41-43
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Galatians 4:17-20
17 Those people are working hard to persuade you, but this is not good for you. They want to persuade you to turn against us and follow only them.18 It is good for people to show interest in you, but only if their purpose is good. This is always true, not just when I am with you.19 My little children, again I feel the pain of childbirth for you until you truly become like Christ.20 I wish I could be with you now and could change the way I am talking to you, because I do not know what to think about you.
PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father, though Satan has a sinister and deceitful scheme for our lives we will not fear. Your guidance for us in discerning his evil schemes is revealed throughout the entire Bible. Not only do we receive warning through the prophets, the disciples and other people of faith, but we see Jesus as the supreme example of One who resisted the temptations of the evil one. His time of testing in the wilderness and in the garden of Gethsemane reveal that resistance to temptation brings present and future reward. Though Satan wants me so that he can destroy me, You want me so that You can save me, here and now, and in the hereafter. Thank You for providing spiritual armor that protects me from the evil one. Amen.

LAUGHTER IS GOOD EXERCISE, IT IS LIKE JOGGING ON THE INSIDE!



No comments: