Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday March 13, 2012 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-It isn't the load that weighs us down, it is the way we carry it-
2-That we are alive today is proof positive that God has something for us to do today-
3-As a blossom cannot tell what becomes of it's fragrance, so no one can tell what becomes of their influence-
4-Today never returns-
5-If it is more precious to you than God, spell it i-d-o-l-
A STRANGE THOUGHT-No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced-
I'VE LEARNED-Holding a grudge is letting someone live rent free in your head-
DID YOU KNOW-In Ethiopia, both males and females of the Surma tribes shave their heads as a mark of beauty-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Would the baby Jesus have been of normal weight and height?
2-Why did Jesus call a despised tax collector to come follow him and be a disciple of his?
3-Can you ever be forgiven of your sins without asking for it, like the woman who washed Jesus' feet?
4-When did the woman who washed Jesus' feet learn who he was?
5-What did the woman washing Jesus' feet actions tell about why she came into Simon's house?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What devout woman was described by Paul as "our sister" and "a servant of the church"?
Yesterday's answer-Priscilla
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Galatians 6:11-18
11 See what large letters I use to write this myself.12 Some people are trying to force you to be circumcised so the Jews will accept them. They are afraid they will be attacked if they follow only the cross of Christ.13 Those who are circumcised do not obey the law themselves, but they want you to be circumcised so they can brag about what they forced you to do.14 I hope I will never brag about things like that. The cross of our Lord Jesus Christ is my only reason for bragging. Through the cross of Jesus my world was crucified, and I died to the world.15 It is not important if a man is circumcised or uncircumcised. The important thing is being the new people God has made.16 Peace and mercy to those who follow this rule—and to all of God's people.

17 So do not give me any more trouble. I have scars on my body that show I belong to Christ Jesus.

18 My brothers and sisters, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying man Father God, Your magnificence surrounds us from every direction. Your glory is revealed throughout Your creative design in nature, humanity, and all throughout the universe. Even as You rule over nature and the universe I am grateful that You are the Supreme Ruler of my life. Bring into conformity my thoughts and actions as You search my mind and know my heart. I am in awe of Your greatness and declare with the Psalmist today, “O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is Your name in all the earth!” Amen.

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-



No comments: