Saturday, March 17, 2012

Saturday March 17, 2012 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Time wasted is existence-
2-The good you do is not lost even if you forget it-
3-The giver makes the gift precious-
4-Clear water flows from a pure spring-
5-They that have patience can have what they will-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Mental floss prevents moral decay-
I'VE LEARNED-Hurry is the death of loving others-
DID YOU KNOW-More than a half million people died as a result of the Spanish influenza epidemic-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Having ourselves been forgiven, why can't we forgive?
2-Having ourselves been the receivers of grace, why can't we do likewise?
3-Can one good apple make the whole bushel better? (Can the good influence of one person change
the atmosphere of a group of people?)
4-Do we know of anyone who had been healed by getting in the pool of Bethesda?
5-How does God feel when people hurt?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Where was Paul when he cast demons out from a girl who was a spiritualist?
Stoning John 8:3-11
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Matthew 3:13-17
13 At that time Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan River and wanted John to baptize him.14 But John tried to stop him, saying, "Why do you come to me to be baptized? I need to be baptized by you!"

15 Jesus answered, "Let it be this way for now. We should do all things that are God's will." So John agreed to baptize Jesus.

16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he came up out of the water. Then heaven opened, and he saw God's Spirit coming down on him like a dove.17 And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love, and I am very pleased with him."

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying man Father, You sustain me by speaking peace to my heart even in the midst of troubling circumstances. Your unsurpassed peace cannot be defined by the absence of conflict but by the assurance that You will come alongside me in the midst of my conflict and make a roadway for me in the wilderness of my suffering. When I seek You I can be assured that You will hear me and deliver me from all my fears. Thank You for Your sustaining presence that lifts me from my slumber and helps me to trust You for another day. Amen.

LAUGHTER IS GOOD EXERCISE, IT IS LIKE JOGGING ON THE INSIDE!


\

No comments: