Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday March 22, 2012 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-There is no moment like the present-
2-God will allow our hearts to be broken so that he can beautify our souls-
3-The trouble with some self made men is that they worship their creator-
4-"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other , just as in Christ, God forgave you"-
5-Children learn best from example, the problem is they don't know a good example from a bad one-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Stop slapping your forehead and asking "What was I thinking?", instead ask yourself the kinder question "What was I learning"?
I'VE LEARNED-Retirement isn't something that just happens if you live long enough. It is also not a reward for your years of hard work. It should be viewed as a gift from God-
DID YOU KNOW-The Spanish Inquisition once condemned the entire country of the Netherlands to death for heresy-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did Moses ever learn that his care giver was his real mother?
2-Had the boy David ever killed an animal with a slingshot before killing Goliath with one?
3-Why did David choose 5 stones for his sling shot when he only needed one?
4-Was the killing of Goliath by a sling shot stone sent by David a miraculous event or just an everyday event for David?
5-What are the Goliaths we face in our own life today?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What book speaks of the "sons of God" taking the "daughters of men" as wives?
Yesterday's answer-Hannah 1 Samuel 2:19
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Matthew 5:1-12
Jesus Teaches the People
1 When Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a hill and sat down. His followers came to him, 2 and he began to teach them, saying:
3 "They are blessed who realize their spiritual poverty,
For the kingdom of heaven belongs to them.
4 They are blessed who grieve,
For God will comfort them.
5 They are blessed who are humble,
For the whole earth will be theirs.
6 They are blessed who hunger and thirst after justice,
For they will be satisfied.
7 They are blessed who show mercy to others,
For God will show mercy to them.
8 They are blessed whose thoughts are pure,
For they will see God.
9 They are blessed who work for peace,
For they will be called God's children.
10 They are blessed who are persecuted for doing good,
For the kingdom of heaven belongs to them.

11 "People will insult you and hurt you. They will lie and say all kinds of evil things about you because you follow me. But when they do, you will be blessed. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because you have a great reward waiting for you in heaven. People did the same evil things to the prophets who lived before you.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying man Father, help me to thirst and hunger for Your Living Word where I find convincing truths to assure me, “This is the way. Walk in it.” I want to keep my heart fixed upon You and my mind certain of Your truths in this age where false religions abound the broad way continues to widen. Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life and I gain entry to You, my Father, only through Jesus the Son. I’ve got a made up mind and I’m going to follow You during the good and the bad times, the lean and plentiful periods. Whether I stand with many or whether I stand alone, I choose to wholeheartedly follow You. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE!



No comments: