Saturday, October 20, 2012

Saturday October 20, 2012 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Better to do something imperfectly than to do nothing flawlessly-
2-Don't confuse busyness with faithfulness-
3-Faith is "letting go and letting God"-
4-God does some of his best work when you are in a cave-
5-Focus on the Savior, not the storm-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Show me a piano falling down a mine shaft and I'll show you an a-flat minor-
 
I'VE LEARNED-I feared the past until I realized that it could no longer hurt me-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The Saturn V moon rocket consumed fifteen tons of fuel per second-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why does the sun shine and rain fall on evil people?
2-How can God be merciful to even the sinner?
3-How can God be kind to ungrateful people?
4-Should Christians never do anything that will bring praise to themselves?
5-Should all our acts of kindness be done in secret?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-By what other name  was the tax collector Matthew known?
Yesterday's answer-Thirty pieces of silver    Matthew 26:14-16
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    John 3:18-21
18 People who believe in God's Son are not judged guilty. Those who do not believe have already been judged guilty, because they have not believed in God's one and only Son.19 They are judged by this fact: The Light has come into the world, but they did not want light. They wanted darkness, because they were doing evil things.20 All who do evil hate the light and will not come to the light, because it will show all the evil things they do. 21 But those who follow the true way come to the light, and it shows that the things they do were done through God."
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, You know the exact number of words that will flow from my lips today, some of them meaningful and others meaningless. Would You help me to be conscious of the words I speak to others and make me sensitive to those who need caring words. Help me to look not only to my own interests but also to the interests of others as I offer words fitly spoken to those desperately needing to hear a word from You through a servant like me. Amen.
 
 
 
 
TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. BE A BLESSING. BE A FRIEND. ENCOURAGE SOMEONE. TAKE TIME TO CARE. LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND.



No comments: