Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tuesday October 23, 2012 thought for today




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-When you chose your path, you chose your destination-
2-All journeys, for good or evil, start with one small step-
3-It is amazing how bad things look through the wrong eyes-
4-We are often comfortable in our misery because that is all we know-
5-Forgiveness is the key to breaking the chain of regret and misery-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Police were called to a day care where a 3 year old was resisting a rest-
 
I'VE LEARNED-It is easier to build up a child than to repair an adult-
 
DID YOU KNOW-A manned rocket can reach the moon in less time than it took a stagecoach to travel the length of England-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why is there a narrow gate along the road that leads to eternal life?
2-How do you tell who is a false prophet?
3-In the English language why don't we have a word to describe a parent who loses a child to death or a child who loses a parent to death?
4-Why did John the Baptist have questions about who Jesus really was?
5-Why didn't John the Baptist encourage his followers to switch their allegiance to Jesus?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who bribed the guards at Jesus' tomb to say that the disciples had stolen the body?
Yesterday's answer-The lords of the Philistines    Judges 16:5
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   John 4:1-4
1 The Pharisees heard that Jesus was making and baptizing more followers than John,2 although Jesus himself did not baptize people, but his followers did.3Jesus knew that the Pharisees had heard about him, so he left Judea and went back to Galilee.4 But on the way he had to go through the country of Samaria.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, Your Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. I meditate on Your age-old laws; O Lord, they comfort me. Your principles have been the music of my life throughout the years of my pilgrimage. You have done many good things for me, Lord, just as You promised. I used to wander off until You disciplined me, but now I closely follow Your Word. You are good and do only good; teach me Your principles through Christ Jesus our Lord, in whose name we pray. Amen.


I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-



No comments: