Sunday, December 28, 2014

Sunday December 28, 2014 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Forgiveness is an act of spiritual liberation, for it frees us from feelings that are toxic to the soul-
2-When we forgive we move closer to God-
3-The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after you-
4-Today is the oldest you have ever been, yet the youngest you'll ever be so try to enjoy this day while it lasts-
5-Faith without actions is just mental acknowledgement-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-YOGA-a Sanskrit word that means "heal your back without health insurance"-
 
I'VE LEARNED-People are illogical, unreasonable and self centered but love them anyway-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Gone with the wind is the only Civil War epic ever filmed without a single battle scene-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What does it mean "to find yourself"?
2-Can you believe in God as divine and not believe Jesus is divine?
3-For the Christian, shouldn't the manager be the symbol of Christmas instead of the Christmas tree?
4-Should Christians celebrate Jesus' birthday?
5-What was Jesus' Hebrew name at birth?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Which apostle cut off a man's ear at Jesus arrest and then watched Jesus heal the ear?
Answer for today    Peter       Luke 22:49-51
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY   Mark 6:6-13
Then Jesus went to other villages in that area and taught. He called his twelve followers together and got ready to send them out two by two and gave them authority over evil spirits. This is what Jesus commanded them: “Take nothing for your trip except a walking stick. Take no bread, no bag, and no money in your pockets. Wear sandals, but take only the clothes you are wearing. 10 When you enter a house, stay there until you leave that town. 11 If the people in a certain place refuse to welcome you or listen to you, leave that place. Shake its dust off your feet as a warning to them.”
12 So the followers went out and preached that people should change their hearts and lives. 13 They forced many demons out and put olive oil on many sick people and healed them.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
 Praying man Merciful Father, may I never consider my good works or righteous acts to be payment or a cover-up for the hidden sin I harbor in my heart. Instead I want my attitude to be that of the publican in Luke who humbly came before You and cried out, “God be merciful to me a sinner!” If I exalt myself it will  lead to my downfall. But if I humble myself I will exalt You.  So I come to You with a contrite heart,  confess my sins, and ask Your forgiveness through Christ Jesus my Lord and Saviour. Amen.
 
I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!

No comments: