Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sunday January 11, 2015 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-God doesn't need us to defend him, he wants us to represent him-
2-People say that religion is a crutch.  But there are times in our lives where our circumstances cripple us, and in those times I'd much rather have God to lean on than any other alternative-
3-Christmas is all about good news and it is the good news of God's love-
4-If we want to be like Jesus, we must be willing to suffer for him, even to the point of death-
5-The Bible is full of reminders that whatever is in the heart will be expressed in your living-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-How can there be self help groups?
 
I'VE LEARNED-Immature love says I love you because I need you.  Mature love says I need you because I love you-
 
DID YOU KNOW-During the 18th century, books that were considered offensive were sometimes "punished" by being whipped-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Does anyone ever take note that "we have been with Jesus"?
2-Why do people doubt the history of Jesus being the person he said he was?
3-If we are asked a tough question about our faith, how should we respond?
4-Should Christians wait for the opportunity or make the opportunity to share Jesus with others?
5-Who is it easier to talk to about Jesus, one who has never heard about Jesus or a religious person?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What was the affliction of the young boy who was throwing himself into the fire?
Answer for today        He was demon possessed       Matthew 17:14-18
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY
14 When Jesus and his followers came back to the crowd, a man came to Jesus and bowed before him. 15 The man said, “Lord, have mercy on my son. He has epilepsy[a] and is suffering very much, because he often falls into the fire or into the water. 16 I brought him to your followers, but they could not cure him.”
17 Jesus answered, “You people have no faith, and your lives are all wrong. How long must I put up with you? How long must I continue to be patient with you? Bring the boy here.” 18 Jesus commanded the demon inside the boy. Then the demon came out, and the boy was healed from that time on.

Footnotes:

  1. 17:15 epilepsy A disease that causes a person sometimes to lose control of his body and maybe faint, shake strongly, or not be able to move.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
Praying man Father, I make it my goal to please You. So many worthy goals I set last only for a season, and the rewards may last only for a season as well. But when I make a resolve to live righteously, making every effort to please You, my rewards will last not only for this life, but for all of eternity. In setting my goals help me to be willing to lay aside that which hinders and the sin that so easily entangles so that I reap a harvest of righteousness, peace, and joy. I want my primary goal to be that of perseverance so that no circumstances in life will deter me from my daily walk with Christ. Above all I want to spend my whole life finding out what pleases You and carry it out as the Holy Spirit enables me. It is in Jesus’ name that I pray. Amen.
 
 

No comments: