Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Wednesday january 7, 2015 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-It is not happiness that makes us grateful but gratefulness that makes us happy-
2-Don't try to argue with satan for you will lose every time-
3-For the Christian the goal is not to see how close you can get to temptation without giving in, but rather how far away from it you can stay-
4-When temptation calls you, don't try to argue, just drop the receiver and go do something else-
5-When God gives us an idea, it is inspirational.  When satan gives us an idea it is temptation-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and when he grows up, he'll never be able to merge this car onto the freeway-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission-
 
DID YOU KNOW-During his entire lifetime, Herman Melville's timeless classic of the sea, Moby Dick, only sold fifty copies-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-When the Philistines took the Ark of the Covenant to the temple of their god Dagon, why weren't the carriers killed for touching it?
2-Is all scripture understandable?
3-How do you determine when to interpret scripture literally or figuratively?
4-What would God do if we prayed "Lord, help me with my unbelief"?
5-What would your life be like if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What did Jesus tell the two blind men not to do after he healed them?
Answer for today     not to tell anyone    
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY     Matthew 9:27-31
27 When Jesus was leaving there, two blind men followed him. They cried out, “Have mercy on us, Son of David!”
28 After Jesus went inside, the blind men went with him. He asked the men, “Do you believe that I can make you see again?”
They answered, “Yes, Lord.”
29 Then Jesus touched their eyes and said, “Because you believe I can make you see again, it will happen.” 30 Then the men were able to see. But Jesus warned them strongly, saying, “Don’t tell anyone about this.” 31 But the blind men left and spread the news about Jesus all around that area.
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
 Praying man Father, anything good or praiseworthy in me is simply a reflection of the abiding presence of Your Holy Spirit. I want to grow in Your grace and knowledge, and will do so if You are preeminent in my life. That means You will reign supreme and be of first importance to me, having greater influence than any other person or cause. I want to walk in humility today as I pray, “Jesus, must become greater in my life,  I must become less.” I ask You to be at the center of my thoughts, my attitudes, and my actions so that Your preeminence is seen in all I do and say. In the name of Jesus I pray.  Amen.
 
LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!!

No comments: