Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sunday January 18, 2015 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Sometime, someone else has to tell us what we are worth before we realize it ourselves-
2-"Almost" never works with God-
3-Israel defeats the Philistines because a teenager trusts God-
4-There is something inside us that wants us to do things our own way no matter the consequences.  The Bible call this  "the flesh"-
5-One of he tragic truths about sin is it's consequences-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Why is a person who plays the piano called a pianist, but a person who races a car is not called a racist?
 
I'VE LEARNED-The word "eternal" means unending, not later-
 
DID YOU KNOW-For the 66% of Americans who admit to reading in the bathroom, the preferred reading material is Readers Digest-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Was Eve created by God to originally give birth without all the associated pain?
2-Were crops originally created in the wild without cultivation?
3-Were animals originally created as vegetarians to live in peace with each other?
4-Why was Eve willing to listen to satan and not God in the Garden of Eden?
5-When Adam and Eve were expelled from Eden did God stop walking and talking to them?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Where did Paul exorcise a spirit from a possessed girl, whose owners then became furious?
Answer for today      Philippi    Acts 16:16-18
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY
16 Once, while we were going to the place for prayer, a servant girl met us. She had a special spirit[a] in her, and she earned a lot of money for her owners by telling fortunes. 17 This girl followed Paul and us, shouting, “These men are servants of the Most High God. They are telling you how you can be saved.”
18 She kept this up for many days. This bothered Paul, so he turned and said to the spirit, “By the power of Jesus Christ, I command you to come out of her!” Immediately, the spirit came out.

Footnotes:

  1. 16:16 spirit This was a spirit from the devil, which caused her to say she had special knowledg
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
 Praying manFather, I recognize my relationship with You is based solely on the faith You impart to me through the power of Your Holy Spirit when I surrender my heart to You. Your Word declares that the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to those who are being saved it is the power of God. Through my words and actions I want to express to a disbelieving world that I do believe! I am not ashamed of the Gospel, even if it would cost me my life on this side of heaven, because it is the power of God to everyone who believes. Help me to be merciful to those who doubt and praying for them to be snatched from the fire as You save them through Your atoning blood. In the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior we pray. Amen.
 
I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!

No comments: