Friday, February 27, 2015

Friday February 27, 2015 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-It is a wonderful day when we stop working for God and begin working with God-
2-It is one thing not to know, it is another to know and not learn-
3-So many want employment but not work-
4-God may delay our requests but he will never disappoint our trust-
5-Even if you worried every day of your life, you needn't worry the rest of your life-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-If you don't know where you are going, you'll probably end up somewhere else-
 
I'VE LEARNED-The love we give away is the only love we keep-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The most difficult tongue twister is "The sixth sick Sheik's sixth sheep's sick"-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-For the Christian, is there ever a non sacred moment?
2-Did Jesus' disciples have to "repent" before they could be his followers?
3-Can you become a Christian for selfish reasons?
4-Does living the Christian life make us "good"?
5-If the men whom Jesus called to be his disciples didn't know Jesus ahead of time, why would they want to be his disciples?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What text of the Old testament-the first to include vowel marking along with the Hebrew consonants- is considered the authoritative text for most Bible translators?
Answer for today    The Masoretic text
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY     Mark 9:2-8
Six days later, Jesus took Peter, James, and John up on a high mountain by themselves. While they watched, Jesus’ appearance was changed. His clothes became shining white, whiter than any person could make them. Then Elijah and Moses[a] appeared to them, talking with Jesus.
Peter said to Jesus, “Teacher, it is good that we are here. Let us make three tents—one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” Peter did not know what to say, because he and the others were so frightened.
Then a cloud came and covered them, and a voice came from the cloud, saying, “This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!”
Suddenly Peter, James, and John looked around, but they saw only Jesus there alone with them.

Footnotes:

  1. 9:4 Elijah and Moses Two of the most important Jewish leaders in the past. God had given Moses the Law, and Elijah was an important prophet.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
 Praying man Father, You know that many of my days are spent at a frantic pace. Often it’s due to my improper use of time, other times it’s responding to unexpected needs that arise. As I invite You to examine my heart and mind, I lay before You the people, projects, and pursuits that drain me of needed peace and rest and further away from a heart and mind that is fully submitted to You. Though You have not removed me bodily from this world, You have raised me up spiritually to find peace and rest even as I carry out my daily duties. As a vehicle needs fuel to properly function, I need Scripture and prayer to uphold and equip me for the day that lies ahead so I place this discipline at the top of my list and submit all other duties in accordance to Your leading. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.
 
SMILE, LAUGH, FORGIVE, BELIEVE AND LOVE, OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

No comments: