Monday, February 23, 2015

Monday February 23, 2015 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-God has a promised land for your life-
2-Vision is the ability to see, the faith to believe, the courage to do-
3-The word "quit" is not in scripture-
4-Vision is hope with a blue print-
5-Vision ignores those who say "it can't be done"-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Always be sincere, even if you don't mean it-
I'VE LEARNED-If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there-
DID YOU KNOW-Zoophobia is the fear of animals-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How holy does God want us to be?
2-How holy can we humans get-
3-How holy does a follower of Jesus need to be?
4-What does scripture mean saying "pray without ceasing"?
5-Is it possible to live without ever grieving the Holy Spirit?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What English king ordered the execution of  Bible translator Tyndale and then had a translation dedicated to him by Tyndales's friend Coverdale?
Answer for today    Henry VIII
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY       Mark 7:14-21
14 His followers had only one loaf of bread with them in the boat; they had forgotten to bring more. 15 Jesus warned them, “Be careful! Beware of the yeast of the Pharisees and the yeast of Herod.”
16 His followers discussed the meaning of this, saying, “He said this because we have no bread.”
17 Knowing what they were talking about, Jesus asked them, “Why are you talking about not having bread? Do you still not see or understand? Are your minds closed? 18 You have eyes, but you don’t really see. You have ears, but you don’t really listen. Remember when 19 I divided five loaves of bread for the five thousand? How many baskets did you fill with leftover pieces of food?”
They answered, “Twelve.”
20 “And when I divided seven loaves of bread for the four thousand, how many baskets did you fill with leftover pieces of food?”
They answered, “Seven.”
21 Then Jesus said to them, “Don’t you understand yet?”
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
 Praying man Father, I make it my goal to please You. So many worthy goals I set last only for a season, and the rewards may last only for a season as well. But when I make a resolve to live righteously, making every effort to please You, my rewards will last not only for this life, but for all of eternity. In setting my goals help me to be willing to lay aside that which hinders and the sin that so easily entangles so that I reap a harvest of righteousness, peace, and joy. I want my primary goal to be that of perseverance so that no circumstances in life will deter me from my daily walk with Christ. Above all I want to spend my whole life finding out what pleases You and carry it out as the Holy Spirit enables me. It is in Jesus’ name that I pray. Amen.
May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, and enough hope to make you happy-


No comments: