Saturday, February 07, 2015

Saturday February 7, 2015 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Guilt is the byproduct of not forgetting what is behind-
2-Hanging on to guilt is like staying in jail after you have been pardoned-
3-The spirit of fear is inferior to the spirit of God living in you-
4-The road from fear to confidence is called "taking a risk"-
5-It is because we are created in the image of God that we desire to love and be loved-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Getting old is easy, having fun at it is the real trick-
 
I'VE LEARNED-For the Christian, living a holy life is not just an option.  It is an essential part of God's plan for his people and his church-
 
DID YOU KNOW-All Hebrew originating names that end with the letters "el" have something to do with God-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Could the Queen of Sheba and King Solomon have produced a child that founded Ethiopia's royal dynasty as legend suggests it happened?
2-Was the Queen of Sheba married to a king of Sheba?
3-Did the Queen of Sheba visit King Solomon only one time or was there further contact?
4-How far did the Queen of Sheba have to travel to see King Solomon?
5-From what country was the Queen of Sheba ?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who turned water into wine?
Jesus      John 2:1-10
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY
Two days later there was a wedding in the town of Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there, and Jesus and his followers were also invited to the wedding. When all the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have no more wine.”
Jesus answered, “Dear woman, why come to me? My time has not yet come.”
His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you to do.”
In that place there were six stone water jars that the Jews used in their washing ceremony.[a] Each jar held about twenty or thirty gallons.
Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the jars with water.” So they filled the jars to the top.
Then he said to them, “Now take some out and give it to the master of the feast.”
So they took the water to the master. When he tasted it, the water had become wine. He did not know where the wine came from, but the servants who had brought the water knew. The master of the wedding called the bridegroom 10 and said to him, “People always serve the best wine first. Later, after the guests have been drinking awhile, they serve the cheaper wine. But you have saved the best wine till now.”

Footnotes:

  1. 2:6 washing ceremony The Jewish people washed themselves in special ways before eating, before worshiping in the Temple, and at other special times.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY 
Thankful manFather, it’s my desire to have the same Mindset as William Featherston who, following his conversion at the young age of 18, penned these words of commitment both in life and in death: “I’ll love Thee in life, I will love Thee in death, And praise Thee as long as Thou lendest me breath; And say when the death dew lies cold on my brow, If ever I loved thee, My Jesus ’tis now.” Whether I’m young or old, healthy or sick, wealthy or poor, I choose to prepare my heart for eternity here and now so that I will be assured of endless delight as I draw my first breath in heaven. I want to be prepared, persevering and prayerful while I take my long but brief hike here below. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.


TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. BE A BLESSING. BE A FRIEND. ENCOURAGE SOMEONE. TAKE TIME TO CARE. LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND!

No comments: