Monday, March 02, 2015

Monday March 2, 2015 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-The value of a gift is its appropriateness rather than its value-
2-The wise man does not lay up treasures.  The more he gives to others, the more he has for his own-
3-If you give from your heart, unselfishly and unconditionally, it will be returned to you many times over-
4-The gift of gratitude is the best gift you can give or receive-
5-The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree is the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Never have plastic surgery if the doctor's office has portraits of Picasso on the walls-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Sometimes I wish I was a little kid again for skinned knees are easier to fix than broken hearts-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The phrase "sleep tight" originated when mattresses were set upon ropes woven through the bed frame.  To remedy sagging ropes, one would use a bed key to tighten the rope-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-We need to ask God, "what do you want to say to me today?"
2-What does it mean to fear God?
3-What is "Holy fear of God"?
4-What disconnects us from God?
5-When you are going through a hard time, how do you know if it is because of God's discipline or just human experiences?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What fresh translation from the Hebrew and Greek was published in 1970 with the assistance of the university presses of Oxford and Cambridge?
Answer for today      The New English Bible
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY    Mark 9:20-24
20 So the followers brought him to Jesus. As soon as the evil spirit saw Jesus, it made the boy lose control of himself, and he fell down and rolled on the ground, foaming at the mouth.
21 Jesus asked the boy’s father, “How long has this been happening?”
The father answered, “Since he was very young. 22 The spirit often throws him into a fire or into water to kill him. If you can do anything for him, please have pity on us and help us.”
23 Jesus said to the father, “You said, ‘If you can!’ All things are possible for the one who believes.”
24 Immediately the father cried out, “I do believe! Help me to believe more!”
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY 
 Praying manFather, I recognize my relationship with You is based solely on the faith You impart to me through the power of Your Holy Spirit when I surrender my heart to You. Your Word declares that the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to those who are being saved it is the power of God. Through my words and actions I want to express to a disbelieving world that I do believe! I am not ashamed of the Gospel, even if it would cost me my life on this side of heaven, because it is the power of God to everyone who believes. Help me to be merciful to those who doubt and praying for them to be snatched from the fire as You save them through Your atoning blood. In the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior we pray. Amen.
 
May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, and enough hope to make you happy-

No comments: