Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tuesday March 31, 2015 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-The essence of sin is selfishness, the essence of God's way of life is selflessness-
2-Making "spiritual deals" only brings disappointment-
3-God does not want promises for the future but obedience for today-
4-The measure of your trust worthiness is your willingness to take responsibility-
5-A person's greatest failure may be preventing others from achieving greatness-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-I am who I am, your approval is not needed-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does-
 
DID YOU KNOW-A "prestidigitator" is another word for magician-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What happens to your faith when bad situations don't change?
2-Can God use a forgiven sinner?
3-Under the Law of Moses, was there any place for grace and forgiveness?
4-Why isn't the man who was with the woman caught in adultery mentioned in her story.  Did he not have any responsibility in the act?
5-Whatever happened to the woman caught in adultery who Jesus forgave and told her to go and sin no more?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What was the Place-makers Bible?
Answer     The second edition of the Geneva Bible, printed in 1562, which has a printers error in Matthew 5:9, "blessed are the place-makers"
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY   Mark 13:14-23
14 “You will see ‘a blasphemous object that brings destruction’ standing where it should not be.” (You who read this should understand what it means.) “At that time, the people in Judea should run away to the mountains. 15 If people are on the roofs of their houses, they must not go down or go inside to get anything out of their houses. 16 If people are in the fields, they must not go back to get their coats. 17 At that time, how terrible it will be for women who are pregnant or have nursing babies! 18 Pray that these things will not happen in winter, 19 because those days will be full of trouble. There will be more trouble than there has ever been since the beginning, when God made the world, until now, and nothing as bad will ever happen again. 20 God has decided to make that terrible time short. Otherwise, no one would go on living. But God will make that time short to help the people he has chosen. 21 At that time, someone might say to you, ‘Look, there is the Christ!’ Or another person might say, ‘There he is!’ But don’t believe them. 22 False Christs and false prophets will come and perform great wonders and miracles. They will try to fool even the people God has chosen, if that is possible. 23 So be careful. I have warned you about all this before it happens.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY 
Praying man Father, I want my heart to be tuned to Your Truth and righteousness, for You are the Way, the Truth and the Life.  I place my complete trust in You and reject the godless trends and vain philosophies promoted by the world.  May Your words be embedded in my heart and mind through the faithful study of Scripture so that I might not sin against You and so that I will recognize truth from error. Since I’m often prone to wander, I ask You, Father God, to mount my soul on Thy redeeming love and tune my heart to all that is good, righteous, and holy so that my attitudes and actions are harmonious with the Scriptures, in the precious name of Jesus I pray. Amen.


I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING!



No comments: