Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Wednesday March 18, 2015 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-When we pray we should come to God with empty hands and high hopes-
2-You are never more like Jesus than when you pray for others-
3-Pray for those you love, pray for those you don't-
4-The best way to put out the fire of anger is with a bucket of prayer-
5-Rather than cataloging burdens, itemize blessings-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Is a fly without wings called a walk?
 
I'VE LEARNED-Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Crack gets its name because it crackles when it is smoked-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How can we secretly bless someone?
2-How did Jesus feel forsaken by God?
3-Did Jesus claim to be God or the son of God?
4-Can you be a Christian and never "feel" God's presence?
5-Can you be a Christian and never be baptized?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What translation, often called the "Chicago Bible," was completed in 1931 by E J Goodspeed, J M Powis Smith, and others?
Answer for today     The Bible: An American Translation
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY      Mark 11:1-10
As Jesus and his followers were coming closer to Jerusalem, they came to the towns of Bethphage and Bethany near the Mount of Olives. From there Jesus sent two of his followers and said to them, “Go to the town you can see there. When you enter it, you will quickly find a colt tied, which no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here to me. If anyone asks you why you are doing this, tell him its Master needs the colt, and he will send it at once.”
The followers went into the town, found a colt tied in the street near the door of a house, and untied it. Some people were standing there and asked, “What are you doing? Why are you untying that colt?” The followers answered the way Jesus told them to answer, and the people let them take the colt.
They brought the colt to Jesus and put their coats on it, and Jesus sat on it. Many people spread their coats on the road. Others cut branches in the fields and spread them on the road. The people were walking ahead of Jesus and behind him, shouting,
“Praise God!
God bless the One who comes in the name of the Lord! Psalm 118:26
10 God bless the kingdom of our father David!
    That kingdom is coming!
Praise[a] to God in heaven!”

Footnotes:

  1. 11:10 Praise Literally, “Hosanna,” a Hebrew word used at first in praying to God for help, but at this time it was probably a shout of joy used in praising God or his Messiah.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
 Praying man Father, I ask myself, “Am I living in a manner worthy of Your name? Do I seek to please You rather than myself? Does the fruit of my labor reflect the Spirit of Christ living within my heart? Do I have a zeal for the things of Christ and a desire to know Him better, to reflect His character every day in my life? Am I steady or do I sputter in my Christian influence?” Father, in all these things I want to be more like Christ, consistent in the ways that bring glory to Your name and growth in my spiritual nature. I want my spiritual walk to be the most important pursuit of my life as I journey here below so that I may influence as many as possible to live for Jesus. It is in His name that I pray. Amen.
 
LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!!

No comments: