Saturday, March 07, 2015

Saturday March 7, 2015 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-How we walk with the broken speaks louder than how we sit with the great-
2-At my lowest God is my hope--at my darkest God is my light--at my weakest God is my strength--at my saddest God is my comfort-
3-If you don't want anyone to find out, don't do it-
4-Faith isn't always a leap.  Sometimes it is just one little step after another, with lots of falling down and getting back up again-
5-Love cannot be found where it doesn't exist-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-The hand that rocks the cradle usually is attached to someone who isn't getting enough sleep-
 
I'VE LEARNED-When a child is born, so is a grandmother-
 
DID YOU KNOW-"Happy as a clam" is from the expression "happy as a clam at high tide."  Clams are only harvested when the tide is out-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Does persecution help grow the church?
2-Is God still speaking universes into existence today?
3-What is God's most usual way of speaking to us today?
4-If we could completely understand God, would we still worship him?
5-Is the Bible correctly called "the word of God," even the Old Testament with all its killing and slaughter?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What English Catholic did a popular translation of the Bible in the 1940s?
Answer for today    Ronald A. Knox
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY    Mark 9:42
42 “If one of these little children believes in me, and someone causes that child to sin, it would be better for that person to have a large stone tied around his neck and be drowned in the sea.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
 Praying manFather, it is in Christ alone that my hope and reason for living can be found. There is no Rock, no foundation that can hold me steady on solid ground except that of the master builder of my faith, Jesus Christ, my Master, Saviour and Lord. It seems that there is always a new or recycled ideology that grabs the attention of those who are seeking after the latest ear tickling thrill that fits their worldview. We’re even warned about this in Scripture when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. There is only one Teacher that has authority from heaven to teach truth from error, and to give life in place of death. It is Jesus that I choose and it is by His teaching that I live. And it is through His name that I pray to You, Father God. Amen.
 
TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. BE A BLESSING. BE A FRIEND. ENCOURAGE SOMEONE. TAKE TIME TO CARE. LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND!

No comments: