Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Tuesday March 3, 2015 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-The words "I love you" and knowing that there is always someone who is there for you, no matter what, is the greatest gift anyone can ever have-
2-The manner of giving is worth more than the gift-
3-Kindness is always in our power, even when fondness is not-
4-The world's idea of greatness is to rule, but Christian greatness consists in serving-
5-The most wasted day of all is the one during which we did not show kindness-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-The comfort zone boat never gets far from the shore-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Nothing shows a person's character more than what they laugh at-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The term potty comes from the pint sized chamber pot built for children-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Do all blessings come from God and all crises from satan?
2-What is "spiritual warfare"?
3-How much should we rely on our ability to make good decisions or choices?
4-Did Jesus have to leave the earth after his resurrection or could he have stayed and continued in ministry?
5-When the Holy Spirit was sent to the world, was he available to people groups who had never heard of him?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What English translation, published in 1965, contains bracketed words intended to explain many difficult phrases?
Answer for today     The Amplified Bible
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY    Mark 9:25-29
25 When Jesus saw that a crowd was quickly gathering, he ordered the evil spirit, saying, “You spirit that makes people unable to hear or speak, I command you to come out of this boy and never enter him again!”
26 The evil spirit screamed and caused the boy to fall on the ground again. Then the spirit came out. The boy looked as if he were dead, and many people said, “He is dead!” 27 But Jesus took hold of the boy’s hand and helped him to stand up.
28 When Jesus went into the house, his followers began asking him privately, “Why couldn’t we force that evil spirit out?”
29 Jesus answered, “That kind of spirit can only be forced out by prayer.”[a]

Footnotes:

  1. 9:29 prayer Some Greek copies continue, “and fasting.”
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
 Praying man Father, though I am sometimes perplexed by that which I don’t understand I have an unshakable confidence in You. Your Word is truth and Your promises never fail. There are many things of which I am uncertain, but I have absolute certainty that I can trust You for everything that concerns me. May obedience be an expression of my unwavering trust and devoted love toward You, my Lord and my God.  Amen.
 
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING!

No comments: