Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sunday February 12, 2017 thought for the day






THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-The church can't be missional and comfortable at the same time-
2-When the church becomes comfortable, Christianity starts to die-
3-It is hard to point people to Jesus if you need their approval-
4-If your identity is tied to people's praise, you'll be eternally discontent-
5-"There is  no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear"-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
I thought growing old would take longer-
 
I'VE LEARNED
The Bible makes clear that God's judgement is certain-''
 
DID YOU KNOW
Sprinters on track teams started taking a crouching start in 1908-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What is the opposite of fear?
2-What is the opposite of love?
3-Was homosexuality the only sin Sodom and Gomorra were judged for?
4-Why did God honor the blessing given to Jacob by Isaac that was based on deception"
5-Why didn't Isaac correct his mistaken blessing when he learned the truth?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
In what book of the Bible is this quotation found? "Moab is like my washbowl. I throw my sandals at Edom. I shout at Philistia.”
Answer for today  Psalms 60:8
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY
Revelation 12:10-11  
“The salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God
    And the authority of his Christ have now come.
The accuser of our brothers and sisters,
    Who accused them day and night before our God,
    Has been thrown down.
11 And our brothers and sisters defeated him
    By the blood of the Lamb’s death
    And by the message they preached.
They did not love their lives so much
    That they were afraid of death.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
 
Father, thank you for pardoning me and taking on the punishment for my wrong doings-
 
I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART-PEACE IN YOUR SOUL- JOY IN YOUR LIFE-ALWAYS-

No comments: