Thursday, February 16, 2017

Thursday February 16, 2017 thought for the day




 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-A person has not shown true obedience if they have never had an opportunity to disobey-
2-Your convictions are only strong if they hold up under pressure-
3-Satan is a fallen angel.  He is real, not symbolic and is constantly fighting against those who follow and obey God-
4-Satan's temptations are real, and he is always trying to get us to live his way or our way rather than God's way-
5-Remember, temptation itself is not sin.  We sin when we give in and disobey God-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
I think I am going to sell my vacuum cleaner.  All it does is collect dust-
 
I'VE LEARNED
Jesus did not teach that a life of faith would be easy, but the reward for endurance would be eternity with him-
 
DID YOU KNOW
Green Bay Packers backup quarterback Matt Hasselbeck has been struck by lightning twice in his life-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why didn't Jesus appoint someone to be a recorder of his life and activities?
2-How do you have a "personal relationship" with God?
3-Do Christians know what they are saying when they say they want to be more like Jesus.  What about his sufferings, persecutions, etc? 
4-Do we live like we prefer grace or mercy?
5-Is true total forgiveness devoid of self interest?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
In what book of the Bible is this quotation found?  "Now go! I will help you speak and I will teach you what to say.”
Answer for today  Exodus
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY
Philippians 3:10-11   "I want to know Christ and the power that raised him from the dead. I want to share in his sufferings and become like him in his death. 11 Then I have hope that I myself will be raised from the dead."
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY

 
Father, I'm grateful that you are a knowable God.  Would you help me to know you even more-
 
MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE-

No comments: