Sunday, February 19, 2017

Sunday February 19, 2017 thought for the day






 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Angels were involved in Jesus' life by protecting Jesus in sending his family to Egypt-
2-Angels were involved in Jesus life on earth by ministering to Jesus in Gethsemane-
3-Jesus started his ministry with the same word people had heard John the Baptist say--repent-
4-Becoming a follower of Jesus means turning away from our self centeredness and self control and turning our lives over to Jesus' direction and control-
5-Jesus' ministry consisted of 3 areas-1 teaching, 2 preaching, 3 healing-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
Sometimes it is better to just remain silent and smile-
 
I'VE LEARNED
To violate the innocence of a child is the greatest evil known to man-
 
DID YOU KNOW
The Super Bowl is broadcast in over 180 countries.   That is more than 90 percent of the countries in the world-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is Christianity truly a "blood religion"?
2-Why were burnt offerings pleasing to God?
3-Do the instructions of Leviticus apply to us today?
4-Did Jesus cancel the instructions of Leviticus?     
5-Was all scripture given for all people of all times?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
What old testament book contains the prophecy of this event-the 30 pieces of silver
Answer for today   Zechariah
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY
John 15:4-5   "Remain in me, and I will remain in you. A branch cannot produce fruit alone but must remain in the vine. In the same way, you cannot produce fruit alone but must remain in me. “I am the vine, and you are the branches. If any remain in me and I remain in them, they produce much fruit. But without me they can do nothing."
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY

 
Father, thank you for the strength that comes from abiding in you-
 
I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART-PEACE IN YOUR SOUL- JOY IN YOUR LIFE-ALWAYS-

No comments: