Sunday, February 19, 2017

Sunday February 19, 2017 thought for the day






 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Angels were involved in Jesus' life by protecting Jesus in sending his family to Egypt-
2-Angels were involved in Jesus life on earth by ministering to Jesus in Gethsemane-
3-Jesus started his ministry with the same word people had heard John the Baptist say--repent-
4-Becoming a follower of Jesus means turning away from our self centeredness and self control and turning our lives over to Jesus' direction and control-
5-Jesus' ministry consisted of 3 areas-1 teaching, 2 preaching, 3 healing-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
Sometimes it is better to just remain silent and smile-
 
I'VE LEARNED
To violate the innocence of a child is the greatest evil known to man-
 
DID YOU KNOW
The Super Bowl is broadcast in over 180 countries.   That is more than 90 percent of the countries in the world-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is Christianity truly a "blood religion"?
2-Why were burnt offerings pleasing to God?
3-Do the instructions of Leviticus apply to us today?
4-Did Jesus cancel the instructions of Leviticus?     
5-Was all scripture given for all people of all times?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
What old testament book contains the prophecy of this event-the 30 pieces of silver
Answer for today   Zechariah
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY
John 15:4-5   "Remain in me, and I will remain in you. A branch cannot produce fruit alone but must remain in the vine. In the same way, you cannot produce fruit alone but must remain in me. 5 “I am the vine, and you are the branches. If any remain in me and I remain in them, they produce much fruit. But without me they can do nothing."
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY

 
Father, thank you for the strength that comes from abiding in you-
 
I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART-PEACE IN YOUR SOUL- JOY IN YOUR LIFE-ALWAYS-

No comments: