Sunday, February 26, 2017

Sunday February 26, 2017 thought for the day






 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Our attitudes toward others reflect our relationship with God-
2-Self control is good but God wants us to practice thought control as well-
3-When Jesus said to get rid of your hand or your eye, was he speaking literally or figuratively-
4-We sometimes tolerate sins in our life, that left unchecked, could eventually destroy us-
5-We need to examine our life for anything that causes us to sin and take every necessary action to remove it-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
What does "gilding the lily" mean?
 
I'VE LEARNED
It takes 20 years to become an overnight success-
 
DID YOU KNOW
Pro golfer Wayne Levi was the first PGA pro to WIn a tournament using a colored (orange) ball.  He did it in the Hawaiian Open.
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What is the book of "Jashur" mentioned in Joshua 10:13
2-Does God harden peoples hearts today as he did in the Old Testament?
3-In the 12 tribes of Israel, why is there no tribe of Joseph?
4-What is the book of "The law of God" mentioned in Joshua 24:25?
5-Is the Old Testament God of anger and judgement the same as the New Testament God of mercy and grace?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
What Old Testament book contains the prophecy of this event-"Jesus entry into Jerusalem on a donkey "
Answer for today    Zechariah
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY
John 15:15-16   "I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know what his master is doing. But I call you friends, because I have made known to you everything I heard from my Father. 16 You did not choose me; I chose you. And I gave you this work: to go and produce fruit, fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you anything you ask for in my name."
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY

 
Father, bless and grow my friendship with you as I seek you daily-
 
I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART-PEACE IN YOUR SOUL- JOY IN YOUR LIFE-ALWAYS-

No comments: