Friday, March 03, 2017

Friday March 3, 2017 thought for the day






 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-If we use God's name carelessly, we aren't remembering God's holiness-
2-When we pray "your will be done" we are not resigning ourselves to fate but praying that God's perfect purpose will be accomplished-
3-When we pray "your will be done" it allows us to offer ourselves as doers of God's will-
4-Jesus didn't condemn fasting but hypocrisy (fasting in order to get public approval)-
5-Storing up treasures in heaven is more than just tithing, but is done by all acts of obedience to God-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
When a redhead goes bonkers, ginger snaps-
 
I'VE LEARNED
You never know what affect kind words will have-
 
DID YOU KNOW
Boxing is considered the easiest sport for gamblers to fix-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why didn't David punish his son Amnon for raping his sister?
2-Did Jesus speak more than one language?
3-Why does the Bible not directly address the issue of suicide?
4-Is it ever permissible to not tell all of the truth?
5-How could David be "a man after God's own heart" when he had such sin in his life?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
Who said- "The waters of the sea closed around my throat.
    The deep sea was all around me;
    Seaweed was wrapped around my head."?
Answer for today   Jonah
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY
Revelation 3:20-21  
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in and eat with you, and you will eat with me.
21 “Those who win the victory will sit with me on my throne in the same way that I won the victory and sat down with my Father on his throne."
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY

Father, when I focus my attention on you and your Word, may I hear when you speak to me-
 
I PRAY THAT GOD GIVES YOU STRENGTH IN YOUR STRUGGLE, PEACE IN YOUR PAIN, AND VICTORY IN YOUR VALLEY-


No comments: