Thursday, March 09, 2017

Thursday March 9, 2017 thought for the day







 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Jesus had not come to patch up the old religious system of Judaism with its rules and traditions-
2-The woman who touched Jesus' cloak for healing, not only had great faith, she acted on it-
3-The pharisees skepticism of Jesus was based not on insufficient evidence but on jealousy of Jesus' popularity-
4-Jesus called his twelve disciples. He didn't draft them, force them, or ask them to volunteer.  He chose them to serve him a special way-
5-When you feel small and useless, remember that God uses ordinary people to do his extra ordinary work-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
It can be fatal to live too long-
 
I'VE LEARNED
The heaviest thing to carry is a grudge-
 
DID YOU KNOW
Tug of war was an Olympic event between 1900 and 1920-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why was Ester  willing to be a "tryout" with King Xerxes?
2-What is the "Book of Annals"?
3-Why did Ester refer to her people as Jews and not Israelites"
4-Can the story of Jonah be taken literally?
5-Why did the Ninevites so suddenly believe in God after Jonah's proclamation?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
Who said “While the baby was still alive, I fasted, and I cried. I thought, ‘Who knows? Maybe the Lord will feel sorry for me and let the baby live.’ "
Answer for today     David
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY
1 John 3:2-3    Dear friends, now we are children of God, and we have not yet been shown what we will be in the future. But we know that when Christ comes again, we will be like him, because we will see him as he really is. Christ is pure, and all who have this hope in Christ keep themselves pure like Christ.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
 
 
Father, the hope of Jesus' return challenges me to honor you by the way I live.  I choose to worship you.  I choose to be faithful to you.  I choose to focus on living in a way that pleases you.  The prospect of living tomorrow with you motivates me to live well for you today- 
 
MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE-


No comments: