Saturday, March 11, 2017

Saturday March 11, 2017 thought for the day






 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Wisdom is proved right by her deeds-
2-The rest that Jesus promises is love, healing, and peace with God, not the end of all labor-
3-Jesus doesn't offer a life of luxurious ease-
4-To the Pharisees, Jesus was not condoning disobedience to God's Laws.  He was emphasizing discernment and compassion in enforcing the laws-
5-If we become more concerned with the means of worship than with the one we worship, we will miss God even as we think we are worshipping him-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
If your mind goes blank, don't forget to turn off the sound-
 
I'VE LEARNED
You lie the loudest when you lie to yourself-
 
DID YOU KNOW
Olympic badminton rules say that the birdie has to have exactly fourteen feathers-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Where do Christians get a license to be critical of other Christians?
2-Does the book of Malachi say that if you tithe you will have abundance?
3-Do you reap what you sow even if you don't now what you are sowing?
4-Why doesn't the Old Testament tell more clearly and precisely about the coming of Jesus?
5-Did nothing of significance happen in the 400 years between the Old Testament and the New Testament?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
Who said   “Go through the camp and tell the people, ‘Get your supplies ready. Three days from now you will cross the Jordan River and take the land the Lord your God is giving you.’”
Answer for today   Joshua
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY
John 10:27-29   My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never die, and no one can steal them out of my hand. 29 My Father gave my sheep to me. He is greater than all, and no person can steal my sheep out of my Father’s hand.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY

 
Father, thank you for giving me eternal life that is as secure as you are strong-
 
 

No comments: