Monday, August 14, 2017

Monday August 14, 2017 thought for the day

    




 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-How many books in a Bible depends on which one you are talking about-Jewish-Catholic-Protestant-
2-Written over the course of a thousand years, primarily in ancient Hebrew, the Jewish Bible is the equivalent of Christianity's old testament-
3-Both the Jewish Bible and Christian old testament contains the same books although arranged and numbered in a slightly different order-
4-The Jerusalem Bible, popular among Catholics, contain about a dozen books the Jews and Christians don't consider holy scripture-
5-The new testament does not replace the old to Christians, it supplements, expands and completes the "Old Covenant"-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
In a power outage, they who have the biggest generator wins-
 
I'VE LEARNED
I sleep better in my recliner with the TV blaring than I do in bed-
 
DID YOU KNOW
Hot water is heavier than cold-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Was the shedding of Jesus blood necessary on all the body parts it covered-head, hands, side, feet?
2-When did the "son of God" become the "lamb of God"?
3-When did the cross of Jesus become an altar?
4-How does ambition fit into the christian's life when they are to seek God's will for their life?
5-How was it that the people who called Jesus "King of Kings" on Palm Sunday entering Jerusalem called for his death the following Friday?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
Hebrews 8:10   "This is the agreement I will make
    With the people of Israel at that time, says the Lord.
I will put my teachings in their minds
    And write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
    And they will be my people."
 
This new testament passage is found in what old testament book?
Answer for today   Jeremiah 31-33
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
John 8:34-36    "Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, everyone who lives in sin is a slave to sin. 35 A slave does not stay with a family forever, but a son belongs to the family forever. 36 So if the Son makes you free, you will be truly free."
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY

 
Father, I rejoice in the freedom you have given me through Jesus Christ, my Lord-
 
MAY YOU HAVE ENOUGH HAPPINESS TO MAKE YOU SWEET, ENOUGH TRIALS TO MAKE YOU STRONG, ENOUGH SORROW TO KEEP YOU HUMAN AND ENOUGH HOPE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY-

No comments: