Sunday, August 06, 2017

Sunday August 6, 2017 thought for the day








 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-The Bible has traditionally been thought of as God speaking to people but in Psalms people speak to God-
2-The 150 Rosaries later instituted by the Roman Catholic church are in honor of the 150 psalms-
3-There are more than 1000 traditional sayings and popular adages that make up proverbs-
4-The authors of Proverbs are many and written over a long period of time-
5-Ecclesiastes is unique among the Bible books.  It is neither history, nor parable, nor a prophetic book.  It is more philosophical than religious-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
I don't mean to brag, but I finished my 14 day diet food in 3 hours and 20 minutes-
 
I'VE LEARNED
 You forget names, but it is okay because other people forget they even know you-
 
DID YOU KNOW
The US Bureau of Standards says that the electron is the fastest thing in the world-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Can a person have a sinful experience and still be holy?
2-Why did God say that where Moses was standing by the burning bush was holy ground?
3-Can you ever talk God out of his plan?
4-Is it difficult to hear/understand God speak to you?
5-What does it mean to "trust the Lord with all your heart"?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
Hebrews 3:10   "I was angry with them. I said, ‘They are not loyal to me and have not understood my ways.’ 
This new testament passage is found in what old testament book?
Answer for today    Psalm 95:10
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
Colossians 3:14-16   "Even more than all this, clothe yourself in love. Love is what holds you all together in perfect unity. 15 Let the peace that Christ gives control your thinking, because you were all called together in one body to have peace. Always be thankful. 16 Let the teaching of Christ live in you richly. Use all wisdom to teach and instruct each other by singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with thankfulness in your hearts to God."
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, guide my choices today by your Word and your peace-
 
I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART-PEACE IN YOUR SOUL- JOY IN YOUR LIFE-ALWAYS-

No comments: