Saturday, August 19, 2017

Saturday August 19, 2017 thought for the day





 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Don't take a fence down until you know why it was put up-
2-Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith, it is the price of love-
3-If you want to know someone's mind, listen to their words.  If you want to know their heart, watch their actions-
4-Don't say everything you think-
5-Faith is the trusting that something you cannot see is going to happen-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
Cell phones work when land lines are down, but only  as long as the batteries remain charged-
 
I'VE LEARNED
Tele-marketers function no matter what the weather is doing-
 
DID YOU KNOW
Fifty one percent of all turns are right turns-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why did Jesus come in such an obscure way and not with great fan fare?
2-Is there any significance that Jesus father was a carpenter?
3-Where did the word Bible come from?
4-What one person understood Jesus the best?   
5-What will be the greatest reward be in heaven?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
Hebrews 10:9   Then he said, “Look, I have come to do what you want.”
This new testament passage is found in what old testament book?
Answer for today     Psalm 40:7-8
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
Jeremiah 33:6-9  "But then I will bring health and healing to the people there. I will heal them and let them enjoy great peace and safety. I will bring Judah and Israel back from captivity and make them strong countries as in the past. They sinned against me, but I will wash away that sin. They did evil and turned away from me, but I will forgive them. Then “Jerusalem” will be to me a name that brings joy! And people from all nations of the earth will praise it when they hear about the good things I am doing there. They will be surprised and shocked at all the good things and the peace I will bring to Jerusalem."
 
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY

 
Father, thank you for your loving kindness to me.  Help me to live so that my life lives out that kindness-
 
TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. BE A BESSING, BE A FRIEND, ENCOURAGE SOMEONE, TAKE TIME TO CARE. LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND-

No comments: