Monday, August 28, 2017

Monday August 28, 2017 thought for the day






 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-The woman "Delilah" is not identified in the biblical account as either Philistine or Israelite-
2-The book of Ruth is set in the days of judges, but it has little in common with the books bloody tales of inter tribal warfare-
3-Solomon may have been wise but he wasn't very smart-
4-Chronicles is the ancient Readers Digest version of everything that has already taken place in the Bible, from Genesis on-
5-The Israelites were chosen for a unique function--to spread the word of God and make his nature and laws known to the world-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
Most books say our sun is a star.  But it still knows how to change into a sun in the daytime-
 
I'VE LEARNED
You can't be seen in places you don't go-
 
DID YOU KNOW
Recycling one glass jar saves enough energy to power a TV for three hours-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-When did Jesus and the repentant thief go to paradise?
2-When did Jesus enter hell after his death before his resurrection?
3-If we need to "repent and be baptized", why didn't the thief on the cross need to also?
4-At the time of death, are our souls in a place, or in a limbo state of being?
5-What does it mean "when Jesus returns, those who belong to him will be raised to life?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
Hebrews 13:5  
Keep your lives free from the love of money, and be satisfied with what you have. God has said, “I will never leave you; I will never abandon you.”
This new testament passage is found in what old testament book?
Answer for today    Deuteronomy    31:6
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
Psalm 51:11-12   "Do not send me away from you or take your Holy Spirit away from me. 
Give me back the joy of your salvation. Keep me strong by giving me a willing spirit."
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
 
Father, restore the joy of my salvation.  Forgive my sins and bring me back to the life of knowing joy in your presence-
 
MAY YOU HAVE ENOUGH HAPPINESS TO MAKE YOU SWEET, ENOUGH TRIALS TO MAKE YOU STRONG, ENOUGH SORROW TO KEEP YOU HUMAN AND ENOUGH HOPE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY-

No comments: