Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Wednesday August 16, 2017 thought for the day





 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Just as thick fog can stop travelers in their tracks, heavy worry can paralyze us with  the fear of "what if's"-
2-Finding security in wealth is not an option for the christian-
3-It takes divine supernatural grace to forgive and to let go and to let God heal us when we have been hurt-
4-The church is not made up of whole people, rather of broken people who find wholeness in Jesus who was broken for us-
5-There is no goodness without mercy, there is no virtue without forgiveness-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
TV is an addiction and the withdrawal symptoms are painful-
 
I'VE LEARNED
As I've gotten older  I use more four letter words such as "what"---"when"-
 
DID YOU KNOW
Because of the rotation of the earth, an object can be thrown farther if it is thrown west-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did the Romans reuse the wooden crosses for more than one crucifixion?
2-What is the greatest expression of love?
3-Is it possible to live a selfish less life?
4-A baby needs to be selfish to survive, but when do we learn it is the wrong way to live?
5-When God accepted Abel's offering and rejected Cain's, why didn't Cain take his anger out on God instead of his brother Abel?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
Hebrews 9:20  “This is the blood that begins the Agreement that God commanded you to obey."
This new testament passage is found in what old testament book?
Answer for today      Exodus 24:8
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
John 7:37-38    "On the last and most important day of the feast Jesus stood up and said in a loud voice, “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. 38 If anyone believes in me, rivers of living water will flow out from that person’s heart, as the Scripture says.”
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY

 
Father, my sin has dehydrated my life.  I'm dying of thirst and I believe Jesus is my only hope for my life-
 
LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!

No comments: