Monday, August 07, 2017

Monday August 7, 2017 thought for the day





 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Like the book of Esther, the Song of Solomon never mentions God-
2-Though Jesus was later called "Christ" it is not his name, it is who he is- We should not address him as "Jesus Christ", rather"Jesus the Christ"-
3-The wooden cross (crucifix) was  a Roman punishment for run away slaves and rebels-
4-The English word "Gospel" is derived from the Anglo Saxon for "good tidings"or "good news"-
5-While the four gospels are divinely inspired, they are not works of history or biography.  They are not even personal memories.  They were written by zealous believers as a call to faith for their own day, not as documents for some historical accounting.  The authors were not journalists covering Jesus-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
If it is lonely at the top, it is crowded at the bottom-
 
I'VE LEARNED
Going out is good, coming home is even better
 
DID YOU KNOW
The shock wave from a nitroglycerine explosion travels at seventeen thousand miles per hour-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What does it mean "in all our ways to acknowledge him"?
2-How do we acknowledge God in all our ways?
3-How is it possible that when a mans ways are pleasing to God, he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him?
4-When you are living in obedience to God, does it not often stir up conflict in others?
5-Are all the proverb statements of something generally true in life or are they absolute promises?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
Hebrews 4:4    In the Scriptures he talked about the seventh day of the week: “And on the seventh day God rested from all his works."
This new testament passage is found in what old testament book?
Answer for today       Genesis 2:2
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
Jeremiah 29:11-13   "I say this because I know what I am planning for you,” says the Lord. “I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future. 12 Then you will call my name. You will come to me and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will search for me. And when you search for me with all your heart, you will find me-
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I call upon you today.  I submit myself into your hands-
 
I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART-PEACE IN YOUR SOUL- JOY IN YOUR LIFE-ALWAYS-

No comments: