Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Wednesday August 30, 2017 thought for the day









 
   THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-The story of the prodigal son--the inheritance to the children was usually given at the death of the father, but some fathers split their assets before his death so it wasn't too strange dad gave his younger son his portion.  What was unusual is that the younger son asked for his share.  This showed arrogant disregard for father's authority as head of the family-
2-For a Jew to feed pigs was a great humiliation and to eat food touched by pigs was the greatest humiliation-
3-Because God has forgiven all our sins, we should not withhold forgiveness from others-
4-When we don't forgive others, we are in danger of our prayers not being answered-
5-When we don't forgive others, we are setting ourselves outside and above God's law of love-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
A vibration is a motion that cannot make up it's mind which way it wants to go-
 
I'VE LEARNED
Nothing crushes your spirit more than abuse-
 
DID YOU KNOW
Iron nails cannot be used in oak because the acid in the wood corrodes them-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What is in a seed that has the potential to become something much greater than itself?
2-Will our resurrected body be like Jesus' resurrected body?
3-What was Jesus' resurrected body like?
4-What does it mean "to be in Christ"?
5-Why are our righteous acts like filthy rags?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
Hebrews 13:6  
“I will not be afraid, because the Lord is my helper. People can’t do anything to me.”
This new testament passage is found in what old testament book?
Answer for today     Psalm 118:6
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
Matthew 11:28-30   “Come to me, all of you who are tired and have heavy loads, and I will give you rest. 29 Accept my teachings and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in spirit, and you will find rest for your lives. 30 The burden that I ask you to accept is easy; the load I give you to carry is light.”
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
 

 
Father, thank you for always welcoming me into your refreshing, renewing presence-
 
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-

No comments: