Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday July 17, 2009 thought for the day


FREEDOM
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Confession and forgiveness do not stop the harvest-
2-You cannot sow wild oats and then pray for a crop failure-
3-Those who have no best friends have to be the loneliest people on earth-
4-Most of us would rather sit on the judgement seat than on the mercy seat-
5-You will never be more alone emotionally than when you are in the whirlwind of consequences-
STRANGE THOUGHT-When I'm finally holding the right cards, everyone else decides to play dominoes-
I'VE LEARNED-Pride happens when everything is going your way-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is there a connection between Jesus' birth announcement to the shepherds and his saying "I am the good shepherd"?
2 Is your personality God given?
3-Why was Mary Magdalene considered a prostitute--what is the concrete evidence?
4-What was Mary Magdalene's basis for being a follower of Jesus?
5-Was Golgotha a common killing field of crucifixions?
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY PSALMS 40:9-17
9 I will tell about your goodness in the great meeting of your people. Lord, you know my lips are not silent.
10 I do not hide your goodness in my heart; I speak about your loyalty and salvation. I do not hide your love and truth from the people in the great meeting.
11 Lord, do not hold back your mercy from me; let your love and truth always protect me.
12 Troubles have surrounded me; there are too many to count. My sins have caught me so that I cannot see a way to escape. I have more sins than hairs on my head, and I have lost my courage.
13 Please Lord, save me. Hurry Lord, to help me.
14 People are trying to kill me. Shame them and disgrace them. People want to hurt me. Let them run away in disgrace.
15 People are making fun of me. Let them be shamed into silence.
16 But let those who follow you be happy and glad. They love you for saving them. May they always say, "Praise the Lord!"
17 Lord, because I am poor and helpless, please remember me. You are my helper and savior. My God, do not wait.
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-JASPER



No comments: