Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday July 26, 2009 thought for the day


PEACE
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-God's power is best displayed when we are weak-
2-There is no such thing as outgrowing the lure of sin-
3-We are most vulnerable to falling immediately following a spiritual victory-
4-The real battle for the control of our lives occurs in the mind-
5-An unaccountable life is a dangerous life-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Less is often more-
I'VE LEARNED-The worst sin toward others is not to hate them but to be indifferent to them-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Would the stable birthplace of Jesus most likely have been in a cave?
2-Would Joseph most likely have been much older than Mary?
3-Were the gospels written to be history books or reference books?
4-Were Jesus' siblings, brothers and sisters or cousins?
5-Would Mary's parents have arranged a marriage with Joseph to Mary?
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY PSALMS 42
1 As a deer thirsts for streams of water, so I thirst for you, God.
2 I thirst for the living God. When can I go to meet with him?
3 Day and night, my tears have been my food. People are always saying, "Where is your God?"
4 When I remember these things, I speak with a broken heart. I used to walk with the crowd and lead them to God's Temple with songs of praise.
5 Why am I so sad? Why am I so upset? I should put my hope in God and keep praising him, my savior and my God. I am very sad.
6 So I remember you where the Jordon River begins, near the peaks of Hermon and Mount Mizar.
7 Troubles have come again and again, sounding like waterfalls. Your waves are crashing all around me.
8 The Lord shows his true love every day. At night I have a song, and I pray to my living God.
9 I say to God, my Rock, "Why have you forgotten me? Why am I sad and troubled by my enemies?"
10 My enemies insults make me feel as if my bones were broken. They are always saying, "Where is your God?"
11 Why am I so sad? Why am I so upset? I should put my hope in God and keep praising him, my Savior and my God.




No comments: