Sunday, July 05, 2009

Sunday July 5, 2009 thought for the day


FREEDOM
Here are my thoughts for today-
1-We need to work with God even as we are working for God-
2-No one unties knots as God does-
3-We don't have to explain the will of God, only to obey it-
4-Nothing in this life or the next life is more serious and sobering than the wrath of God-
5-Scriptures are all about people-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Hard work spotlights the character of people--some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all-
I'VE LEARNED-If you want different you must do different-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Can you ever get too close to Jesus?
2-How much of the Holy Spirit can you have?
3-Is Jesus active in the world today or is it the Holy Spirit?
4-Do Christians want to be like Jesus in every way--his suffering also or just his righteousness?
5-Jesus was persecuted and made fun of--why shouldn't we be also?
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY PSALMS 35:1-10
1 Lord, battle with those who battle with me. Fight against those who fight against me.
2 Pick up the shield and armor. Rise up and help me.
3 Lift up your spears, both large and small, against those who chase me.
4 Make those who want to kill me be ashamed and disgraced. Make those who plan to harm me turn back and run away.
5 Make them like chaff blown by the wind as the angel of the Lord forces them away.
6 Let their road be dark and slippery as the angel of the Lord chases them away.
7 For no reason they spread out their net to trap me; for no reason they dig a pit for me.
8 So let ruin strike them suddenly. Let them be caught in their own nets; let them fall into the pit and die.
9 Then I will rejoice in the Lord; I will be happy when he saves me.
10 Even my bones will say, "Lord, who is like you? You save the weak from the strong, the weak and poor from robbers."
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-JASPER



No comments: