Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday August 21, 2009 thought for the day



MR CLEAN
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-We do not make requests of God because we are righteous but because of his great love and mercy-
2-God answers our prayers based on his goodness , not our worthiness-
3-Worship is a voluntary act of gratitude offered by the saved to the savior, by the healed to the healer, and the delivered to the deliverer-
4-God doesn't improve, he perfects. He doesn't enhance, he completes-
5-When God sees a Christian, he sees Jesus and the perfection paid for by him-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Have you ever seen a cemetery with a sign that says "sorry, we're full"?
I'VE LEARNED-Nothing restores perspective better than a trip to the emergency room-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is it harder to share Jesus with a close friend or a complete stranger?
2-What does it mean to "follow Jesus"?
3-Is suffering for Jesus the same today as it was for his disciples?
4-The Jews wanted a messiah, but did they want as savior?
5-Does God expect his children to suffer rejection and persecution?
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY PSALMS 55:1-11
1 God, listen to my prayer and do not ignore my cry for help.
2 Pay attention to me and answer me. I am troubled and upset
3 by what the enemy says and how the wicked look at me. They bring troubles down on me, and in anger they attack me.
4 I am frightened inside; the terror of death has attacked me.
5 I am scared and shaking, and terror grips me.
6 I said , "I wish I had wings like a dove. Then I would fly away and rest.
7 I would wander far away and stay in the desert.
8 I would hurry to my place of escape, far away from the wind and storm."
9 Lord, destroy and confuse their words, because I see violence and fighting in the city.
10 Day and night they are all around its walls, and evil and trouble are everywhere inside.
11 Destruction is everywhere in the city; trouble and lying never leave its streets.
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-JASPER



No comments: