Saturday, August 22, 2009

Saturday August 22, 2009 thought for the day


TOUCHED BY GOD
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-The reality of suffering constitutes the single greatest challenge to the Christian faith-
2-Only in a world where faith is difficult can faith exist-
3-To those who don't believe I ask-If there is no God, where did we get the standard of goodness by which we judge evil as evil?
4-If death has no meaning, then life ultimately has no meaning-
5-God did not create evil, he created the possibility of evil and man actualized that potentiality-
STRANGE THOUGHT-When you stop to think, don't forget to start again-
I'VE LEARNED-Remarkable things often occur in unremarkable situations-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How can we view Jesus who was also God as a servant?
2-Why is it hard for some Christians to admit there is unconfessed sin in their lives?
3-Can one be a Christian with unconfessed sin in their life?
4-Why do we want to hear a positive message that makes us feel good about ourselves than one about self denial or suffering for Jesus sake?
5-Do many Christians live out the gospel of Jesus through self denial and "taking up their cross" as Jesus demanded?
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 55:12-23
12 It was not an enemy insulting me. I could stand that. It was not someone who hated me. I could hide from him.
13 But it is you, a person like me, my companion and good friend.
14 We had a good friendship and walked together to God's Temple.
15 Let death take away my enemies. Let them die while they are still young because evil lives with them.
16 But I will call to God for help, and the Lord will save me.
17 Morning, noon, and night I am troubled and upset, but he will listen to me.
18 Many are against me, but he keeps me safe in battle.
19 God who lives forever will hear me and punish them. But they will not change for they do not fear God.
20 The one who was my friend attacks his friends and breaks his promises.
21 His words are slippery like butter, but war is in his heart. His words are smoother than oil, but they cut like knives.
22 Give your worries to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will never let good people down.
23 But, God, you will bring down the wicked to the grave, murderers and liars will live only half a lifetime.. But I will trust in you.
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-JASPER




No comments: