Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thursday August 20, 2009 thought for the day


THE NURSING HOME MASCOT
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY-
1-The safest place to stand in your storm is next to your heavenly father-
2-Faith is not an award given to the most learned, most disciplined or most religious-
3-Faith is a desperate dive out of a sinking boat of human effort and a prayer that God will be there to catch us-
4-The supreme force in our salvation is God's grace, not our works, talents, feelings or strength-
5-The most amazing response to God's gift of salvation is our reluctance to accept it-
STRANGE THOUGHT-No matter how far you push the envelope, it will still be stationery-
I'VE LEARNED-We often forget strengths and instead point out weakness-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How are spiritually blinded eyes opened to the gospel?
2-What does "being conformed to his death" mean?
3-Must humility play a part in accepting salvation?
4-Are spiritual pride and self righteousness similar?
5-Is it true "no prophet is accepted in his own country"?
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY PSALMS 54
1 God, save me because of who you are, by your strength show that I am innocent.
2 Hear my prayer, God; listen to what I say.
3 Strangers turn against me, and cruel men want to kill me. They do not care about God.
4 See, God will help me; the Lord will support me.
5 Let my enemies be punished with their own evil. Destroy them because you are loyal to me.
6 I will sacrifice as a special gift to you. I will thank you, Lord, because you are good.
7 You have saved me from all my troubles, and I have seen my enemies defeated.
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-JASPER



No comments: