Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sunday August 31, 2014 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-If you could quit sinning on your own you wouldn't need Jesus-
2-You don't just quit sinning, you are delivered from sinning-
3-Angels were not created to rule, humans were-
4-God didn't name the animals, Adam did-
5-Satan wants us to be like Adam and Eve-tricked into believing a lie-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Paradox is what you need two apples a day to get rid of-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Every time I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Abraham Lincoln had a nervous breakdown in 1836-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Was Esau's birthright his to keep or give away?
2-Why didn't Esau and Jacob's father nullify the wrongful birthright transition?
3-Did Isaac and Rebekah know how bad their twin boys relationship was?
4-Why did Isaac and Rebekah disapprove of Esau's wives?
5-When Isaac wanted to give his blessing to Esau, had he forgotten that God had told Rebekah that the
 older child would serve the younger?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who saw a heavenly ladder with the Lord standing above it?
Answer for today-Jacob      Genesis 28:12-13
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   Joshua 1:1-5
After Moses, the servant of the Lord, died, the Lord spoke to Joshua son of Nun, Moses’ assistant. The Lord said, “My servant Moses is dead. Now you and all these people go across the Jordan River into the land I am giving to the Israelites. I promised Moses I would give you this land, so I will give you every place you go in the land. All the land from the desert in the south to Lebanon in the north will be yours. All the land from the great river, the Euphrates, in the east, to the Mediterranean Sea in the west will be yours, too, including the land of the Hittites. No one will be able to defeat you all your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forget you.
 
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY 
Thankful manFather, Your rod and Your staff are a daily comfort to me. I’m comforted in the midst of my suffering because You promise to preserve my life, whether in this life or the next. May Your unfailing love, according to Your promise, be my daily companion and steady comfort. Not only is it a comfort to me but I can also comfort and assure other believers with these promises. Your name, Father God, is a strong tower where we can run to and be preserved as we deal with the adversity of this troubled world. We thank You for it. Amen.


I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!! 


No comments: