Friday, July 17, 2015

Friday July 17, 2015 thought for the day



HERE ARE  MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-God is merciful even when he judges-
2The "House of David" refers to Judah, the southern kingdom-
3-God wants to protect us from bad choices, but he still gives us the freedom to make them-
4-Fear is a powerful enemy of our faith and a strong deterrent to the Christian's peace of mind-
5-People continually blame God for their self induced problems-
STRANGE THOUGHT-I used to be a banker but I lost interest-
I'VE LEARNED-Don't expect God's leaders to be perfect, but don't let them get away with sin either-
DID YOU KNOW-There was no punctuation until the fifteenth century-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How can so called white Christians support racial superiority and hatred?
2-How can "Christian" people use the Bible to support their position of abortion, capital punishment, homosexuality, no women in leadership, etc.
3-Did God create women to take a second class status, especially in the church and also in the home?
4-What are the Gnostic gospels?
5-The words of Jesus as recorded in scripture, are they verbatim or general meanings of what he had said years or decades before?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who said "Why is thy countenance sad, seeing thou art not sick?  This is nothing else but sorrow of heart?"
Answer     Artaxerxes      Nehemiah    2:2
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY    Luke 7:6-10
So Jesus went with the men. He was getting near the officer’s house when the officer sent friends to say, “Lord, don’t trouble yourself, because I am not worthy to have you come into my house. That is why I did not come to you myself. But you only need to command it, and my servant will be healed. I, too, am a man under the authority of others, and I have soldiers under my command. I tell one soldier, ‘Go,’ and he goes. I tell another soldier, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and my servant does it.”
When Jesus heard this, he was amazed. Turning to the crowd that was following him, he said, “I tell you, this is the greatest faith I have found anywhere, even in Israel.”
10 Those who had been sent to Jesus went back to the house where they found the servant in good health.
PRAYER FOR THE DAY 
Praying man Heavenly Father, we are thankful for Your great compassion and enduring patience; that You do not treat us as our sins deserve but with never-ending mercy. From everlasting to everlasting Your love is with those who walk with You, who keep Your covenant and obey Your precepts. Help us to live with an outlook of appreciation rather than entitlement. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.



SMILE, LAUGH, FORGIVE, BELIEVE AND LOVE, OVER AND OVER AGAIN!


No comments: