Thursday, July 23, 2015

Thursday July 23, 2015 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-In a world of people who couldn't care less, be someone who couldn't care more-
2-The best way to knock a chip off someone's shoulder is to pat them on their back-
3-We believe in a God who can see everything but we often do things we don't want God to see-
4-Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great-
5-Nothing good ever comes from treating others bad-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Jokes about German sausage are the wurst-
I'VE LEARNED-True friends always thinks of the other person, not just themselves-
DID YOU KNOW-There are only twelve letters in the Hawaiian alphabet.  Hawaiian words do not contain consonant clusters.
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did Eve's submitting to the serpent's suggestion of eating what God had forbidden cause women to be divinely relegated to second place status?
2-Why did the serpent tempt the woman and not the man?
3-Was Adam a moral weakling who was simply a passive accomplice to the daring Eve?
4-If Adam and Eve had not disobeyed God in the garden of Eden, would civilization have advanced as far as it has today since there would be no needs or wants?
5-Did God place the serpent in the Garden of Eden as a purposeful test for Adam and Eve (which they failed)?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who said "The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat"?
Answer    Eve    Genesis  3:13
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY
31 Then Jesus said, “What shall I say about the people of this time? What are they like? 32 They are like children sitting in the marketplace, calling to one another and saying,
‘We played music for you, but you did not dance;
    We sang a sad song, but you did not cry.’
33 John the Baptist came and did not eat bread or drink wine, and you say, ‘He has a demon in him.’ 34 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and you say, ‘Look at him! He eats too much and drinks too much wine, and he is a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ 35 But wisdom is proved to be right by what it does.”
PRAYER FOR THE DAY 
Praying man Father, I pray that You would wash me so that I will be whiter than snow. Hide Your face from my sins which are great and dishonor You so much that I can’t bear for You to look upon them. Blot out all my iniquity. O Lord, open my lips and my mouth that will enable me to declare Your praise.  It isn’t the burnt offering that You delight in but the sacrifice of my broken spirit; it is a broken and contrite heart that You desire in me. As I come to You in humility and brokenness of spirit You restore to me the joy of Your salvation much like the new fallen snow that covers the earth. Thank You for being merciful and forgiving. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.


MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE!


No comments: