Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sunday July 19, 2015 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Sometimes God's judgement teaches us more than God's blessings-
2-A mother can touch a whole generation just by loving her own child well-
3-Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see-
4-Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice but because you are-
5-Today I bent the truth to be kind and I have no regret for I am surer of what is kind than I am of what is true-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-England has no kidney bank but it does have a Liverpool-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Those who are consistent in their faith are the best models to follow-
 
DID YOU KNOW-You have to count to one thousand to use the letter A in the English language to spell a whole number-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why did the forbidden fruit in Eden come from the Tree of Knowledge?
2-Christians can't agree on a perfect correct version of the Bible so how can we agree on what it says?
3-Why are there hundreds of translations and versions of the Bible?
4-What is the root meaning of the word Bible?
5-The Bible starts out as a Jewish document which wasn't called a testament.  Where did the word come from, what does it mean, and when was the word first used?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who said "Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us; and we forbade him, because he followeth not us?"
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY    Luke 7:18-20
18 John’s followers told him about all these things. He called for two of his followers 19 and sent them to the Lord to ask, “Are you the One who is to come, or should we wait for someone else?”
20 When the men came to Jesus, they said, “John the Baptist sent us to you with this question: ‘Are you the One who is to come, or should we wait for someone else?’”
PRAYER FOR THE DAY 
Praying manHeavenly Father, as I stand at the crossroads of decision where I am pulled in many directions, I direct my attention to the well-worn path marked out by faithful followers of God throughout the centuries – the faithful ones who remained true to Your ancient law whose hearts did not betray the One True God.  With godly determination I earnestly desire to follow in the steps of the Master that leads me to find rest for my soul on earth and secures a heavenly home where my soul no longer grows weary or disheartened. By Your grace I move forward in Jesus’ name. Amen.


I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!

No comments: