Monday, July 13, 2015

Monday July 13, 2015 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-The simplest person who worships God is wiser than the wisest person who worships a worthless substitute-
2-God's blessings come when we are committed to him, not when we selfishly hang on to our sinful ways-
3-Not all of God's answers to prayer are nice and easy to handle-
4-Proud people may look important, but God says their pride makes them good for nothing, complete useless-
5-God never rejects those who sincerely turn to him-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-I'm a multi tasking procrastinator.  I can put off all kinds of things at the same time-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Giving in to lust leads to all kinds of tragedy-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Only four words in the English language end in dous-(tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous-)-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is how much I give of my wealth a measure of how much I love God?
2-What is the "mystery of Christ"?
3-Would God ask me to do something I didn't enjoy?
4-Do we ever ask God to do something he isn't prepared to do?
5-Why did God put thorns on roses?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who said "The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer"?
Answer     David      2 Samuel 22:2
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY   Luke 6:39-42
39 Jesus told them this story: “Can a blind person lead another blind person? No! Both of them will fall into a ditch. 40 A student is not better than the teacher, but the student who has been fully trained will be like the teacher.
41 “Why do you notice the little piece of dust in your friend’s eye, but you don’t notice the big piece of wood in your own eye? 42 How can you say to your friend, ‘Friend, let me take that little piece of dust out of your eye’ when you cannot see that big piece of wood in your own eye! You hypocrite! First, take the wood out of your own eye. Then you will see clearly to take the dust out of your friend’s eye.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
 
Praying man Heavenly Father, may words of encouragement, comfort, and exhortation flow from our lips so that we may spur others on in the faith, most especially our own children. We pray that You would help Christian fathers everywhere to verbalize their faith and live in a way that honors You and shows others where their source of strength lies. Help them to be the spiritual leaders of their homes so that a harvest of righteousness and peace will be upon their households.  Amen.



May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, and enough hope to make you happy-

No comments: