Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Wednesday July 15, 2015 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Thinking that you have enough wisdom is a sure sign that you do not-
2-Wisdom comes from knowing and trusting God, it is not merely the way to find God-
3-Don't let what you don't know about the future destroy the joy God wants to give you today-
4-After you die, you cannot change your past-
5-Everything we have is nothing without God.  But when God uses what little we have, it becomes all we could ever want or need-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Venison for dinner again?  Oh deer!
 
I'VE LEARNED-One wrong act does not disqualify us from accomplishing things for God-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Six words in the English language have the letter combination uu: muumuu, vacuum, continuum, duumvirate, duumvir, residuum-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is pain always a part of loss?
2-How do you know when God is first priority in your life?
3-Is concern a curse or a virtue?
4-How do we know if we have a servants heart?
5-Why do planets in our universe never hit each other?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who said "Dost thou still retain thine integrity?  Curse God and die.
Answer   Job's wife   Job 2:9
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY   Luke 6:46-49
46 “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ but do not do what I say? 47 I will show you what everyone is like who comes to me and hears my words and obeys. 48 That person is like a man building a house who dug deep and laid the foundation on rock. When the floods came, the water tried to wash the house away, but it could not shake it, because the house was built well. 49 But the one who hears my words and does not obey is like a man who built his house on the ground without a foundation. When the floods came, the house quickly fell and was completely destroyed.”
 
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
 
Praying man Jesus, I consider the multitude of hymns based upon Your Holy Word reminding me that You are present in the midst of my personal troubles. Edward Mote describes those times when it seems You’re hidden from our grasp, “When darkness hides His lovely face, I rest on His unchanging grace.” Sometimes the darkness of our ongoing struggles casts a shadow over Almighty God who works on our behalf even when He seems to be hidden from our sight. I know, in my heart of hearts, that You don’t disregard my need, so I will trust You as I call upon Your name in prayer. I am confident that You hear my plea. I have assurance that You will strengthen me in my weariness and empower me in my weakness. So I’ll continue to look to You for all my needs this day. In Your name, Jesus, I commit those things that concern me so that I won’t let them eat at me and become the things that worry or trouble me. Amen.

LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!!

No comments: