Friday, September 30, 2016

Friday September 30, 2016 thought for the day





 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
 
1-He who stuffeth-----puffeth-
2-You cannot build character and courage by taking away initiative and independence-
3-The highest reward for ones toil is not what one gets for it but what one becomes by it-
4-If you find a path with no obstacles it probably doesn't lead anywhere-
5-Take time to think--it is the source of power
   Take time to read--it is the fountain of wisdom
   Take time to pray--it is the greatest power on earth-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?
 
I'VE LEARNED-Failure is not the opposite of success, it is a part of success-
 
DID YOU KNOW-In Ethiopia, both males and females of the Surma tribes shave their heads as a mark of beauty-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why are Christians critical of their brethren who have blind spots in their faith?
2-Can you be joyful christian and not be a giver?
3-Is praying enough?
4-What does it mean to "take up your cross and follow me"?
5-Is their such a thing as a "radical" or "fanatical" christian?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Romans 11:4 "But what answer did God give Elijah? He said, “But I have left seven thousand people in Israel who have never bowed down before Baal".  This New testament verse is a quotation from what old testament book?
Answer for today      1 Kings
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY    1 John 4:16
16 And so we know the love that God has for us, and we trust that love. God is love. Those who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY

 
Father, I want to abide in you.  I don't want to just squeeze you into my life, I want you to be my life.  Teach me to acknowledge you in all my ways.
 
I PRAY THAT GOD GIVES YOU STRENGTH IN YOUR STRUGGLE, PEACE IN YOUR PAIN, AND VICTORY IN YOUR VALLEY-

No comments: