Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Tuesday September 20, 2016 thought for the day


THE STORY OF LIFE IN ONE PICTURE
 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-So often the more we know about Jesus the less we know him-
2-God took on the likeness of man in order for man to reach out from his mortality to God's immortality-
3-Jesus did not give us a plan of action, a code of ethics or a program of reforms but wonderful illuminating contradictions-
4-Christianity is an experience not a body of ideas or principles-
5-The best things in life cannot be kept, they must be shared-a smile, a hug, a kiss, love,etc-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-If the world was a logical place, men would be the ones who ride horses sidesaddle-
 
I'VE LEARNED-A lie is a lie even of everyone believes it.  The truth is the truth even if no one believes it-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Robert E Lee, of the Confederate Army, remains the only person, to date, who graduated from West point military academy without a single demerit-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-If we believe God is in control, why do we get stressed?
2-If we could see the world as God sees it would we live differently?
3-Is christian love a feeling or a set of behaviors?
4-Does "loving your enemies" mean liking them?
5-If we love the unlovable might we also start liking them?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-   Romans 9:25 "“I will say, ‘You are my people’ to those I had called ‘not my people.’
And I will show my love to those people I did not love.” This new testament verse  is a quotation from what book of the old testament?
Answer for today      Hosea
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY    John 4:42
42 They said to the woman, “First we believed in Jesus because of what you said, but now we believe because we heard him ourselves. We know that this man really is the Savior of the world.”
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
Father, help me live in your grace, willing and able to share the good news with those who have yet to hear it-
 
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-

No comments: