Monday, September 12, 2016

Monday September 12, 2016 thought for the day-from jasper






 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Don't focus so much on what is immediately before you that you fail to see life in a larger perspective-
2-A determined man with a rusty tool will go further than an undetermined man who has everything-
3-As I was, so my children are-as I am, so my children will be-
4-It is not what you have, it is what has you-
5-It is not how much we have but how much we enjoy what we have that makes us happy-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-God wants full custody of his children, not just weekend visits-
 
I'VE LEARNED-I am not my pain, I am not my past,  I am that which has emerged from the fire-
 
DID YOU NOW-The $8 bill was designed and printed by Benjamin Franklin for the American Colonies-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How is the Bible "a lamp unto my feet and a light for my path"-
2-Is it possible to have so much spiritual freedom we are in bondage and don't know it-
3-When we subject our minds to evil, do we also subject the Holy Spirit to it?
4-Is there such a thing as good music and bad music?
5-Will listening to rock music cause us to sin?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Romans 3:12 "Their mouths are full of cursing and hate".  This new testament verse is a quotation from what old testament book?
Answer for the day    Psalms
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY      Psalm 37:23-24
23 When people’s steps follow the Lord,
    God is pleased with their ways.
24 If they stumble, they will not fall,
    Because the Lord holds their hand.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY

 
Father, I want to place my feet on the steps that you have established for me.  Whenever I fall, help me always get up and continue on path you have for me-
 
MAY YOU HAVE ENOUGH HAPPINESS TO MAKE YOU SWEET, ENOUGH TRIALS TO MAKE YOU STRONG,
 ENOUGH SORROW TO KEEP YOU HUMAN AND ENOUGH HOPE TO MAKE YOU HAPPY-

No comments: