Sunday, September 18, 2016

Sunday September 18, 2016 thought for the day






 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Every morning is a fresh beginning-
2-Religion is man trying to reach god, salvation is God trying to reach man-
3-Nothing lies beyond the reach of prayer except what is outside the will of God-
4-What you do speaks so loud that I can't hear what you are saying-
5-One reason sin flourishes is that it is treated like a cream puff instead of a rattlesnake-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Protons have mass.  I didn't even know they were Catholic-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Just because something is not happening to you right now doesn't mean that it will never happen-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The Civil War was the first war in which news from the front was published within hours of its occurrence-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Do we have to be "good" to receive salvation?
2-Are Christians guilty of religious pride?
3-Do people go to hell for sin or unbelief in Jesus?
4-Should church services be designed toward stimulation and excitement or programmed meditation?
5-Is worship praising or meditation?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Romans 9:17- "“I made you king for this reason: to show my power in you so that my name will be talked about in all the earth".
This New Testament verse is a quotation from what old testament book?
Answer for today     Exodus
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY      Titus 3:4-6
But when the kindness and love of God our Savior was shown, he saved us because of his mercy. It was not because of good deeds we did to be right with him. He saved us through the washing that made us new people through the Holy Spirit. God poured out richly upon us that Holy Spirit through Jesus Christ our Savior.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY

 
Father, I recognize my sin and ask for your forgiveness.  I deserve to be punished and I thank you for taking that punishment for my sins-
 
I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART-PEACE IN YOUR SOUL- JOY IN YOUR LIFE-ALWAYS-

No comments: