Thursday, September 22, 2016

Thursday September 22, 2016 thought for the day






 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-You are only as happy as you make up your mind to be-
2-Those who walk with God always reach their destination-
3-Over sleeping is a poor way of trying to make your dreams come true-
4-Mother nature giveth, father time taketh away-
5-Youth is a gift of nature but age is a work of art-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-I was told I was gullible and I believed them-
 
I'VE LEARNED-The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross and which one to burn-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Banks first used Scotch tape to mend torn currency during the Depression-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What makes it possible to "turn the other cheek"?
2-Is "turning the other cheek" an act of forgiveness or indifference?
3-Should Christians try to be successful or just faithful?
4-Is the peace of avoidance better than the pain of dealing with reality?
5-Do we learn more through affliction or happiness?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Romans 9:29 "The Lord All-Powerful allowed a few of our descendants to live.
Otherwise we would have been completely destroyed like the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah.”
This new testament verse is a quotation from what old testament book?
Answer for today            Isaiah
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY     John 6:47-51
47 I tell you the truth, whoever believes has eternal life. 48 I am the bread that gives life. 49 Your ancestors ate the manna in the desert, but still they died. 50 Here is the bread that comes down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will never die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give up so that the world may have life.”
 
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY

 
 
Father, enable me to be as concerned about what I feed my soul as I am about what I feed my body.  Even as you satisfy that soul hunger, I also ask you to keep me hungry to know you better-
 
MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE-

No comments: