Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Wednesday September 21, 2016 thought for the day



 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-A friend is one who knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when I forget the words-
2-There are two ways to spread light.  Be the candle or the mirror that reflects-
3-When you are ready to go over the edge remember that God in his infinite wisdom made the word round-
4-Anger is a wind that blows out the lamp of the mind-
5-The sales department is not the whole company but the whole company should be the sales department-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-What is a "free gift"?  Aren't all gifts free?
 
I'VE LEARNED-Everybody can help somebody-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Robert E. Lee wore size 4 1/2 shoe-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is loving the same as not hating?
2-Is fear the opposite of love?
3-Does to love mean to always forgive?
4-Is not to forgive not to love?
5-Can you have freedom from anger without forgiveness-
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-     Romans 9:27 “The people of Israel are many, like the grains of sand by the sea. But only a few of them will be saved."  This new testament verse is a quotation from what old testament book?
Answer for today    Isaiah
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY    2 Timothy 1:8-9
So do not be ashamed to tell people about our Lord Jesus, and do not be ashamed of me, in prison for the Lord. But suffer with me for the Good News. God, who gives us the strength to do that, saved us and made us his holy people. That was not because of anything we did ourselves but because of God’s purpose and grace. That grace was given to us through Christ Jesus before time began,
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY

 
Father, Jesus offered his life in obedience to you for my salvation.  In response I offer my life of obedience to you, a thanks offering made out of gratitude for your immeasurable grace-
 
LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!


No comments: